Property maintenance services are very important to the ongoing success of any commercial property. Grounds maintenance and management not only help to keep the property looking its best, but they also help to prevent situations where injuries, accidents and other liabilities could take place. As a property owner or manager, it is your duty to hire workers or outsource services that include outdoor property maintenance in Middle TN or anywhere else across the country. Porter services, landscaping, parking lot services, asphalt repair and other important outdoor maintenance must be done on a regular basis to keep everything looking and working as it should.
Seasonal Concerns for Property Maintenance Services
As the seasons change, different types of grounds maintenance and management may be required. For example, in the winter months, it is important to work with a company that will provide you with snow removal services for parking lots, driveways, walkways and other areas of your property as a part of outdoor property maintenance. Freezing temperatures following rainy weather can mean slick sidewalks and ice. Your porter services should be responsible for salting, removing ice and marking off areas that might cause a visitor to your property to slip, trip or fall.
For a property owner, having a visitor, employee, customer or tenant slip and fall on a sidewalk or in a parking lot can be a serious liability. As the owner of the property, you are responsible for the property maintenance services and the upkeep of the grounds. Outsourcing your porter services, grounds maintenance and management to a reputable company who has experience working with commercial properties in the Middle TN area can help you to stay on top of your maintenance schedule, take care of seasonal concerns as they arise and prevent situations from happening that could lead to an accident or injury.
How Serious Are Slips, Trips and Falls?
Outside of the obvious risks and liabilities associated with having someone slip on your property due to poor outdoor property maintenance in Middle TN, it is important to know the facts about commercial property accidents in the United States. According to the Department of Labor, which tracks all slips, trips and falls in the country with regard to the workplace, a majority of all the accidents that happen each year at commercial properties are slips, trips and falls. More than ever before, you need to make sure that you stay on top of grounds maintenance and management to prevent becoming part of this growing statistic.
Some of the actual numbers posted by the Department of Labor include:
- over 25 percent of all injury claims reported each year are due to slips, trips and falls
- approximately 15 percent of all accidental deaths are caused by slips, trips and falls on commercial or industrial properties, second only to motor vehicle deaths
- employees lose as much as 95 million work days each year due to workplace injuries that include slips, trips and falls
- studies show that a large majority of these injuries could be prevented through the use of professional property maintenance services that include outdoor property maintenance, parking lot services, snow removal services and more
- floors that are wet, greasy or covered in muddy debris
- floors that are dry and covered in wood dust, dirt or powder
- walking surfaces that are sloped, uneven or damaged
- flooring that is loose, such as mats, carpeting or tiles
- floors that have recently been washed or waxed
- steps or stairways that are damaged and have no handrails
- areas that have clutter or exposed electrical cords and cables
- surfaces that have wet debris, such as pine needles, leaves and twigs
- ramps and other surfaces that are not skid-resistant
- weather conditions such as snow and ice, rain, frost, rain and hail
What Type of Situations Cause Injuries and Accidents?
You might be wondering what types of situations could be helped by hiring porter services, grounds maintenance and management to stay on top of your outdoor property maintenance in Middle TN and the surrounding local area. Some of the situations on this list are quite common and might be surprising, while others are so common that most people are already aware that they hold a lot of risk for property owners.
Some of the more common situations that need to be addressed by property maintenance services right away to prevent accidents or injuries include:
Hire Property Maintenance Services to Protect Your Investment
The best thing that you can do to prevent situations that could lead to slips, trips and falls is to hire a professional company to take care of your outdoor property maintenance in Middle TN. Premier Lawn Care provides porter services, grounds maintenance and management, as well as a host of other important property maintenance services. Give us a call today at 931-954-5545 to find out more about our entire menu of property services or use our online form to request a professional quote.